Monday 21 October 2013

Home made Slime!!

Following our Halloween theme, today I decided a bit of mess was in order as we tried out a recipe from 'The Folder" which I found last year. 

It's a really simple recipe that uses:
2 cups of water
1/2 cup cornflour
food colouring
Glitter if you want

Boil the water in the saucepan, add in the cornflour and colouring stirring continuously and allow to cool to solidify.  I would add it's probably a good idea to sieve the cornflour as I didn't and ended up with lumps of un-mixed corn flour, although I did seem to add to the sensory fun. 

Once it had cooled I added some googly eyes, some plastic spider from our Halloween decoration box, and some little bones. 

Alyssa jumped straight in and grabbed the large eye, Arthur was a little hesitant and kept asking me to pick things out for him, but eventually reached in to grab bits and bobs.  Arthur's favourite bits were the bones, he kept pretending to be a dog.  Alyssa just kept diving back in over and over again searching for new things.



Cooking away

All ready

Alyssa diving in!

Arthur finds a bone!



No comments:

Post a Comment