Monday 28 October 2013

Spiced Pumpkin muffins

After daddy kindly saved the pumpkin insides during their carving session yesterday, today's activity revolved around picking out the seeds and then turning the mush left over into something tasty.

I try my hardest not to waste things if I can, so our first task was to remove the seeds, these will be used for a mixture of planting, eating and possibly maybe even a little art project, I am yet to decide on that.  It was a great thing for Arthur to do working on his fine motor skills and pincer grip, however there we just so many that he soon got bored and I had to help him out a bit.

Once that was done I put the rest of the insides into a food processor to make them nice and smooth to mix into the muffin mixture, the recipe I used was given to me by a friend, it's a basic recipe that can be used to make any flavour muffin, sweet or savoury, her particular favourite are cheese and bacon!

225g self raising flour
2tsp baking powder
75g melted butter
175ml semi skimmed milk
1 egg

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C, Mix all ingredients together, careful not to over mix, bake for 20-25 mins.

For the pumpkin muffins I added the puree, no amount i'm afraid, I just did it till it looked nice and balanced between muffin mix and pumpkin, and some mixed spice, again I would love to tell you how much mixed spice but i'm afraid it was a toddlers choice amount, he just kept adding and adding till I took it away!  I also added 100g of caster sugar to sweeten the mix up a bit.

Picking out the seeds

Weighing the flour

Mixing

Scooping into cases

MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!


1 comment:

  1. Now they look delish! I know what we'll be doing tomorrow. I have another large pumpkin to de-flesh before we have another carving session.
    Arthur looks like he did a fab job there (my two mostly just interested in licking the bowl and spoon when we (I) make cakes. And A has developed quite a head of hair by the looks of it! Such a big boy now :-) xx

    ReplyDelete