When we got home we had a hour to spare before tea was ready, so I decided to try something I had been saving for a quick fix! I recently found a blog post on DIY Gel boards, and it reminded me of my recent post no mess fun with paint. So this afternoon I grabbed a sandwich bag, a piece of card and some cheap (15p) hair gel bought specifically for this activity, I then drew some shapes, numbers and names on the board to help give Arthur some things to try and copy.
Alyssa really responded to this much more than Arthur, I think he was still too hyped up from the days outing. But he did attempt a few shapes, great for writing practice and asked me to draw him and daddy so enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend zip lock rather than press seal bags though as it did leak a little!
|The finished board|
|Getting stuck in!|